Wool remains the most popular choice when it comes to purchasing rugs for the home in the UK. Wool rugs patina with age, so they look and feel even more luxurious than when they were first bought. There is no better place to source a fine quality tufted handmade woollen rug than at Capital Rugs. We offer a huge range of thick wool rugs in all sizes from 70 x 140cm to 300 x 400cm and in a variety of styles from contemporary patterns such as our Funk range, to traditional Persian, Afghan, Wilton and Axminster.
There are many benefits of having a wool rug in your home. One being is that wool rugs are extremely warm, cosy and ooze with softness, so it is no surprise that wool is the master material of winter. A lesser-known fact is that wool rugs are great during the summer months, as they absorb humid air. When it comes to colours, wool is superb with absorbing dye, which is great as it gives a rich intense colour unlike other fibres. In addition, wool rugs are flame resistant, stain resistant, durable, and easy to clean compared with synthetic fibre rugs.
A wool rug is suitable for you if…
- You are looking for a rug that will maintain its lustre for a lifetime
- You want a natural noise insulator for your home
- You like natural materials, as wool is 100% eco-friendly
- You need a sturdy and durable rug for high-traffic areas of your home
- You enjoy the best level of comfort and a soft buttery texture
- You want to create a warm and cosy atmosphere
- You want a rug that makes a dramatic impact
- You are a person who understands the value of quality